Thursday, November 19, 2009

Like Hidden Treasures

I’ve never been much into wearing jewelry unless it was unique and special. I recently came across an extraordinary website that sells very unique gifts such as vintage lockets and other jewelry items you just don’t find at your normal jewelry store. When I started looking at all the lovely items they had for sale it reminded me of the jewelry that my mother used to wear. This site was going to get a lot of business from me as it was getting close to Christmas time and I had quite a few special gifts to buy.

I bought my mother two beautiful cameo lockets that looked a great deal like ones she used to have. I remember her wearing them when she would dress up for church or special occasions. I knew she would love these; I put little pictures of me in each of them. Buying gifts for my mother is always difficult because she has just about everything she could ever need or want. I felt this was something she could treasure and then pass on to her granddaughters and keep them in the family as heirlooms.

I bought my daughter three cameo rings to begin her collection. I decided I would start a tradition with her and buy her a new piece of vintage jewelry every year. She enjoys having different types of jewelry to go with her outfits for work and I knew these would be something she would really treasure all the rest of her life.

I bought my father and sons pocket watches that I had engraved. These are not watches they would want to carry every day; these are show pieces to be displayed in a case and I planned to keep adding to their collection every year. They were exquisitely made and I knew they would make excellent collector gifts that they can hold on to and pass down to their kids when the time is right.

I was very excited about getting most of my Christmas shopping done from this one website. No more running around town and facing the mass of people at the mall. I could get my shopping done from the comfort of my desk at home; they even gift wrapped them for free and would ship them to any address I wanted. These are perfect Christmas gifts that I know they will all be thrilled with for many years to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment